*****Due to COVID 19 our Classroom will be done through our online learning platform on the own speed of the student.
The well rounded kids and youth Program:
Taught each year from September - May with each class-day divided up into physical interaction with horses (grooming, groundwork, and riding practice) and units of interdisciplinary study in the climate-controlled classroom for instruction, discussion, films, and projects.
The unit that will be covered during the participation in our program are always subject to the period amount of time that the student will take part in it. As longer a student participates the more areas will be covered. Also the covered areas depending on the age of the student.
Our program always starts with the science part of horses.
- Horseback Riding
- Physical Conditioning for better riding (which includes horseless training sessions to work on flexibility and muscle building important for horseback riding)
- Riding Science: Riding horses a healthy way
- Biology of Horses: From the Inside out (anatomy & Physiology
- Environmental Science: Horses and Ecosystems
- Genetics: Horse Breeding
- Horticulture: Gardening and Pasture Management
- Famous Horses in History
- How Horses helped make History
- Art History and Image of the Horse
- Horses in Literature, Myth, and Folktale
- Horses in Film
- My Horse Tale: Personal Creative writing
- Psychology/Sociology: Herd Dynamics
- Geography: Horses around the World (types and confirmation)
- Human Geography: Cultures and Traditions of the Horse
- Anthropology: Horse, Humans, and domestication.
- Career Alignment and Exploration
- Portfolio Process (with an Exploration of Equine Careers)
- Development of a Personal Presentation Portfolio & Skills
- Interviewing and Public speaking Practice
- First Aid and Safety
While the curriculum modules above are important, perhaps the most important aspect of the Pony Gang Equestrian Services Equine-Based Home School Program is the way it nurtures strong resilient young people. Training and relating to horses on a regular basis develops compassion, problem-solving, and communication skills, while building leadership skills and self-confidence.